Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Congratulations Image...

It took me awhile, but thanks to Ryan Ottley's amazing cover to Invincible #60 I now know something about Image Comics.


IMAGE HAS A SUPERHERO UNIVERSE

You remember having debates in your local comic book shop about if all the Image characters existed in one universe? I certainly do. If Image United wasn't a hint, this cover and this issue (which promises a universe encompassing one-shot story) is the Robert Kirkman, in the study, with the candelabra kind of proof you need to prove that all these characters hail from the same place.

Now you may be saying "JORDAN, of course they do! We've seen them interact before." But just LOOK at that picture. EVERYONE is there. Even Ultra, the Dynamo 5, and Madman. I recall Spawn in Youngblood and, I'm certain Dragon has been in Invincible, but it just puts my mind at ease that a cover like this has been made. In fact, I'm going to laminate just so when someone asks me, "Who's in the Image U?" I can say, "All these dudes. All these dudes right here."

&

This got me thinking. I would love to see a monthly "Avengers/JLA" title from Image.

Now employee Nikolai said he's seen such a thing, but since Nikolai wasn't even alive when Image was made, I don't believe him. Wouldn't it be great to have Invincible (Young angsty Superman), Brit (Captain America/Wolverine), Ultra, Superpatriot, Savage Dragon, and like the Dynamo 5 on a team.

Man that would be sweet.

No comments: