Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Fantom... Is Ashamed: Part 2

Shall we continue with Part 2 of my current run of shameful posting, WITH POSTING THAT SHALL UNASHAME ME!

HELL YES!
  • People love All-Star Superman. I mean really, can you blame them. Grant Morrison has taken everything they like about Superman and put it into 11 of the most entertaining comics they [I] have ever read. In All-Star Superman #11 we get Black Metal Luthor, which for me is great because if there is one thing I enjoy most in life, it is the soulful shrieking on an angst ridden Scandinavian. Allow me to site an example:
In the face of execution, Luthor casually harasses a preacher, slams the Lord and then...

THROWS A FLAMING BIBLE OUT OF THE ROOM.


Geez, I don't know. On the "Grimness Scale" where does that one rank Abbath?

  • On the other end of the spectrum we had Marvel 1985 #1, which to be honest, I wasn't entirely sure how it would do. It has the "Millar" name tagged onto it, so I guess that adds some "cool" points, and as much as I love Tommy Lee Edwards art, I don't think a lot of our clientel go's for it. Its just, I don't know, unconventional in style and well, change scares people I 'spose. But it did pretty well sales wise, and also got a really good review over at IGN Comics. But really, how can a comic that features "the Dude" as the main characters father not do well? Here take a look:
It also features a great rendering of the Red Skull peering out from the shadows.

CREEPY.


BONUS CONTENT!

"DOOM DESPISES YOUR EARLY 20th CENTURY FURNITURE!"

No comments: