Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Fantom... Takes A Look

As you may recall (or may not) I mentioned in my review of the Young Avengers HC that artist Jimmy Cheung is incapable of drawing different faces. Here is the proof.

Now, I love his art, and this cover is great. I think he draws with great bravado, in a style that everyone can enjoy. But he really has to work on this face thing. Not the faces they make, because I think those are spot on, just the construction of the faces needs to be better. Because eventually, the big guys and fans are going to begin to notice his limited range. Check this out:

Same face. VERY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Now really, who am I to take shots at Jim Cheung? But don't you WANT to see him do something a little different with his art. Experiment a little. I mean, it would look absolutely amazing I think. He has mastered the basics better than anyone in my opinion and I would love to see that evolution.

BONUS CONTENT!

God, isn't Cap just adorable.

No comments: