Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day Brother

This is my older brother:

Currently he is serving in the United States Army as a JAG in the 8th Military Police Brigade known as the "Watchdogs". Sadly he ships out from Hawaii to Iraq this November, and so it is with great pleasure that I dedicate this blog post to my brother Josh. The man who introduced me to comics.

While my family was visiting my brother on the beautiful island of Oahu, we of course hit the gym at the Barracks. This was one of my favorite gym experiences ever. LIKE EVER. Just training with all these Army guys in a gym that had not been updated since at least 1981. Classic. I love 'em old.

Afterwards, the Kessler men posed for this quality photo:


NICE.

So we proceed to leave the facility, but on the way out something catches my eye:

Yeah, needless to say I was stunned. But inspiration comes from everywhere and there is no one else I would rather be inspired by than Captain America. Go Army.

So thanks brudda. I owe a lot to you and today, more so than ever, I am proud of you.

2 comments:

Big A said...

Your brother rules!! We're fortunate to have people like that, and those pictures rock! Hey, your dad's getting pretty ripped too.

Cascade/Jordan said...

Dude, my Dad is ripped. But he's like his father, huge barrel chest and chicken legs.