Friday, May 9, 2008

With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

I've always wanted to do a blog about comics, but never quite felt ready to do so. I mean, really. What do I have to provide to the comic book community? Another smart ass dissing on something they shell out money for every week, every month, for years? Or perhaps a guy who makes a couple of GREAT posts, and than takes off to blog for some corporate machine, breaking hearts all along the way!?

I SAY THEE NAY. I will be none of these.

But here is what I will be.

I love comics. Since I was ten years old and my brother handed me Spawn #1, I loved comics. And what I am going to do here is talk about my love of comics, as well as others love for comics. Because really, where is the love. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED.

What was I talking about again?

...

Oh, right. Comics.

So I work in a comic book store. Perhaps youve heard of us. Were kind of a big deal in Washington D.C. and I love my job. I never thought that getting a BA in History could help me land such a sweet gig. Otherwise I'd probably be a Park Ranger or coaching community hockey (which, now that I think of it, wouldnt be sooo bad). But I digress. Here is what I will give you or if you like better, provide for you:

-Reviews: I'll review what I read and buy. I'm mostly a Marvel man, but lately I've been spreding the wealth into DC and especially Oni Press.

-News and other amusing minutia.

-Posts on my, somewhat, keen observations in the comic book community.

-Steve Mcniven

-Thor

Yeah, prepare for a lot of non-sense about the God of thunder.

No comments: